The Phobos Ransomware is producing the rounds the second etc., but sporting a new coat of paint. The new version of Phobos was detected and at the start reported by the freelance malicious software specialist Michael Gillespie. The only difference between the old versions of Phobos and the new clone seems to be the extension used for the encrypted files.
The most recent version of Phobos appends the “.Phoenix” add-on to the enchiphered files, alongside a string of other parts, among which is a new email utilized by the bad actors who are via this replicate of Phobos presently. The new parasite is tentatively titled the ‘email@example.com (moreover referred to as firstname.lastname@example.org malware)’ Ransomware, after the email address it makes use of in the ransom notice and in the titles of the enciphered files. Upon enciphering, a catalog called “sample.jpg” would turn onto “sample.jpg.id.phoenix.” This naming template additionally coincides together with old variations of Phobos that use the precise same naming convention for the encoded files.
Extra information relating to the ransomware is limited, as there hasn’t been comprehensive study onto the executable of the malware and the data comes from a single sample of an encoded log that has been used to find byte-chunks, which mention that it’s a fork of the Phobos Ransomware. There is no infamous decryption tool that is able to save the files involved by the email@example.com Ransomware at the current moment.Download Removal Toolto remove firstname.lastname@example.org
Manual email@example.com Removal Instructions.
Delete firstname.lastname@example.org related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall email@example.com.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall email@example.com.
Delete firstname.lastname@example.org from your browsersDownload Removal Toolto remove email@example.com
Remove firstname.lastname@example.org from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove email@example.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove firstname.lastname@example.org from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.