The APT38 (Advanced attentive parasite) kind is thought to arise from North Korea, and their headings have been linked to multiple high-level invades against monetary establishments international. One of their largest hits was against a Bangladesh bank â€“ the crooks reportedly stole over $81 million from the Bangladesh critical Bank, and moreover tried to full a nasty send worth $1 million from a Vietnamese monetary organization. The family is notable for their use of lengthy-term campaigns and via viruses software that permit them disguise their checks and keep a low profile on threatened machines.
APT38 Bring Contopee (also known as Contopee Virus) to Compromised Bank Computers
One of the latest tools believed to be part of APT38’s toolkit is the Contopee (also known as Contopee Virus) backdoor Trojan. Closer close examination of the backdoor’s behavior and code shown quite a lot of similarities together with projects of the Lazarus kind, another North Korea-based APT that has been affected in high-profile infiltrates including the one against Sony Entertainment. It’s likely that APT38 and Lazarus can be spread code or may share some members.
The aim of the Contopee Trojan is to build persistence on the jeopardized device and then created a relation to the attacker’s supervise server. After this, it will collect a necessary operating system fingerprint (username, OS variation, hardware, tools configuration, functions, etc.) and transmit the gathered data to the attacker’s server. After this task is complete, the Contopee backdoor Trojan serves a rather basic but sinister purpose â€“ it enables the attackers to:Download Removal Toolto remove Contopee
Despite its limited functionality, the Contopee backdoor can be great to be used when attacking financial institutions â€“ the attackers can use it for reconnaissance, as well as to deploy additional threats or cover their tracks.
Manual Contopee Removal Instructions.
Delete Contopee related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Contopee.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Contopee.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Contopee.
Delete Contopee from your browsersDownload Removal Toolto remove Contopee
Remove Contopee from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Contopee from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Contopee from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.