GoBotKR (in addition to that referred to as GoBotKR malicious software) is a backdoor Trojan that is associated to the GoBot2 backdoor carefully, a hacking utility whose source code was developed public in 2018. Of course, cybercriminals are always concerned with open-source Trojans because they present them with a prepared-to-use tool that might be adjusted very quickly to serve varying motives, as well as have its functionality prolonged. The GoBotKR (in addition referred to as GoBotKR malware) has been exhibited this title as it looks to be running in the South Korea land, as 80% of all polluted systems are discovered there. However, there moreover are a a little high number of threats in China and Taiwan.
Pirated Media & Games Bring the GoBotKR Backdoor
The authors of the GoBotKR have adopted a rather simple approach when it comes to the distribution of their threat â€“ they rely on torrents that contain both legitimate and corrupted files. Usually, the content favored by the hijackers were Korean TV series and shows, but there plus were some situations where games were utilized to conceal the GoBotKR’s payload.
One of those sample torrents that contained a backup copy of the GoBotKR backdoor Trojan disclosed the scam implemented by the offenders. The p2ps uploaded by them contained a dependable happening of a known TV series, but moreover, it had two extra files â€“ a ‘PMA’ catalog that was titled after a known codec bundle and an ‘LNK’ catalog that had the same icon & title as the video catalog detected in the p2p. However, the ‘PMA’ document was not a codec and, instead, it served as a masquerade for the GoBotKR backdoor. In the meantime, the ‘LNK’ document was not a shortcut to the video â€“ if started, it would load the ‘PMA’ document and begin the breach, accompanied by running the lawful video file.
Download Removal Toolto remove GoBotKR
GoBotKR might be Used to Build a Botnet
It is likely that the purpose of the GoBotKR is to create a botnet that will be used to carry out DDoS attacks. After the infiltration is whole, the backdoor shall obtain minimal hardware and utility information relating to the contaminated host, and then transmit it to the attacker’s server. The gathered info is used to develop a ‘profile’ for the not clean host, and add it to the category of botnet members. After this, the invaders can use their army of bots to initiate DDoS infects against Web-similar functions, websites, and servers.
In addition to launching distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, the perpetrators also can execute the following actions on infected hosts:
Pirated software is often used to distribute threatening software so that it is strongly recommended to stay away from such content. By reducing your leak to likely harmful files, you may lessen the likelihood that you shall end up having to face a malicious software infection really. With this, it’s encouraged to employ an decent anti-virus utility to keep you sheltered from possibly damaging files and relations.
Manual GoBotKR Removal Instructions.
Delete GoBotKR related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall GoBotKR.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove GoBotKR.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall GoBotKR.
Delete GoBotKR from your browsersDownload Removal Toolto remove GoBotKR
Remove GoBotKR from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove GoBotKR from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove GoBotKR from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.