Pitou (in addition referred to as Pitou malicious software) is the heading of a bootkit that is thought to be based on the source code of the Srzizbi rootkit. However, the utility has been enhanced, and it’s presently much harder to spot and eradicate because of its capability to plant itself in the Master Boot file (MBR) of the not easy drive. This not merely lurks it from the eyes of anti-malware applications, but moreover, it warrants that it shall beginning despite the user’s device configuration and modes. Even if a usual rootkit is aimed at getting administrator-level entry to the corrupted host, the Pitou (moreover referred to as Pitou malicious software) bootkit takes the breach one phase further by meddling alongside the not easy drive’s MBR.
Pitou Tries to Evade Malware Analysis
Using such an advanced attack vector means that the criminal group behind Pitou are certainly not new to the hacking field. In bundles with all this, their piece in addition to that is capable of avoiding leading virtual device tool by examining the computer’s Registry, procedures, and machine fingerprint for exact strings (SeaBIOS, Bochs, QEMU0, VirtualBox, Innotek, etc.)
The purpose of the Pitou bootkit is rather simple â€“ it establishes a connection to a remote server (one of the samples used a server in Paris) and receives email addresses, email bodies and mail servers to use. After this, it shall use the penetrated host to relay out mass spam email â€“ generally, the topic of the notice is the buy of Viagra or Cialis.
Download Removal Toolto remove Pitou
The Advanced Bootkit is Used to Send Out Spam Emails
The Pitou bootkit is very advanced, and the fact that it uses the infected hosts to send out spam emails makes it even less likely that its victims will notice anything out of the ordinary. Guarding on your own from malicious software similar to this one is no multiple than guarding on your own from ransomware â€“ block getting files from dubious sources, and always use an up-to-date anti-parasite software.
Manual Pitou Removal Instructions.
Delete Pitou related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Pitou.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Pitou.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Pitou.
Delete Pitou from your browsersDownload Removal Toolto remove Pitou
Remove Pitou from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Pitou from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Pitou from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.