Malicious software specialists have perceived a new parasite strain that targets Linux operating systems exclusively. The malware, dubbed Skidmap (on top of that referred to as Skidmap malware), looks to deploy a crypto mining program on the infiltrated hosts, but in addition, it loads some extra modules that offer the hijackers in addition to the capacity to get backdoor entry to the victim’s computer. Any of the a majority of memorable services connected to the Skidmap (moreover referred to as Skidmap malware) malicious software is that it makes use of Loadable Kernel Module (LKM) rootkits to camouflage its existence on the victim’s operating system, as well as to accumulate persistence. There is no precise info relating to the malware vector that Skidmap’s authors use go acquire entry to the victim’s operating system, but odds are that they are counting on insufficiently protected devices, misconfigurations, and exploits that would present them along with base entry to the jeopardized host.
Skidmap Uses Several Techniques to Get Persistent Backdoor Access
Upon initialization, the Skidmap malware will carry out several tasks to weaken the system’s security and provide the attackers with additional points of entry:
One the above tasks have been taken care of, Skidmap will proceed to deploy a pre-configured crypto-currency miner that mines for Monero. The directory employed for deployment could be modified counting on the version of Linux shared located on the jeopardized host.
Download Removal Toolto remove Skidmap
Skidmap’s Modules Enable It to Hide CPU Usage
Skidmap also will load several other components that serve different purposes:
Complicated cryptojacking malware like Skidmap is an undoubtedly proof that crypto-mining is still a profitable venture for cybercriminals, and they are willing to develop state-of-the-art projects to ensure that their cryptocurrency miners will stay hidden and working for as long as possible.
Manual Skidmap Removal Instructions.
Delete Skidmap related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Skidmap.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Skidmap.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Skidmap.
Delete Skidmap from your browsersDownload Removal Toolto remove Skidmap
Remove Skidmap from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Skidmap from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Skidmap from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.